Celebrex is used for treating rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, juvenile arthritis, menstrual pain, or pain.
It was originally intended to relieve pain while minimizing the gastrointestinal adverse effects seen with conventional NSAIDs. In practice, Generic Celebrex USA 100 mg primary use is in people who need regular and long-term pain relief; probably, no advantage exists to using celecoxib for short-term or acute pain relief over conventional NSAIDs, except in the situation where nonselective NSAIDs or aspirin cause cutaneous reactions (urticaria or “hives”).
Celecoxib is predominantly metabolized by cytochrome P450 2C9. Caution must be exercised with concomitant use of 2C9 inhibitors, such as fluconazole, which can greatly elevate celecoxib serum levels. If used concomitantly with lithium, celecoxib increases lithium plasma levels. If used concomitantly with warfarin, celecoxib may result in increased risk of bleeding complications. The drug may increase the risk of kidney failure with angiotensin-converting enzyme-inhibitors, such as lisinopril, and diuretics, such as hydrochlorothiazide.
Celebrex comes in capsules of 50, 100, 200, and 400 milligrams (mg), and your doctor will try to find the lowest dose of Celebrex that works for you.
Drugs known to interact with Celebrex include:
- Blood pressure medications called angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, like benazepril (Lotensin), captopril (Capoten), and enalapril (Vasotec), as well as angiotensin II receptor antagonists such as candesartan (Atacand), eprosartan (Teveten), and irbesartan (Avapro)
- Drugs used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and other conditions, including methotrexate (Trexall, Rheumatrex)
- The anti-fungal drug fluconazole (Diflucan)
- The bipolar drug lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid)
- Diuretics (water pills)
- Other NSAIDs, including over-the-counter NSAIDs (Motrin, Advil) and other pain relievers like naproxen (Aleve)
- Blood thinners, such as warfarin (Coumadin)
Stop taking celecoxib and get medical help right away if you notice any of the following rare but serious side effects: bloody or black/tarry stools, persistent stomach/abdominal pain, vomit that looks like coffee grounds, chest/jaw/left arm pain, shortness of breath, unusual sweating, weakness on one side of the body, sudden vision changes, slurred speech.
In case if you are looking for ED-drug, try Cialis, which is one of the best medications for treating erectile dysfunction on the market nowadays.